Everyone who works for you needs to know how to work safely and without risks to health. You must provide clear instructions, information and adequate training for your employees.
Consider how much training is necessary. A proportionate approach is needed, for example a low-risk business would not need lengthy technical training. Providing simple information or instructions is likely to be sufficient.
Don’t forget contractors and self-employed people who may be working for you and make sure everyone has the right level of information on:
- hazards and risks they may face, if any
- measures in place to deal with those hazards and risks, if necessary
- how to follow any emergency procedures
- When you provide training, ask your employees what they think about it to make sure it’s relevant and effective
- Keeping training records will help you to identify when refresher training might be needed
The information and training you provide should be in a form that is easy to understand. Everyone working for you should know what they are expected to do.
We run both on-site “teacher” based training and online training modules an overview of our services is below:
We provide bespoke health and safety training which can be accredited by the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH), or the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Our courses cover but are not limited to:
- Health and Safety Briefing for Directors
- Health and Safety for Senior Managers
- Management and Staff Health and Safety Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Accident and Incident Investigation
- Fire Safety
- Fire Marshall and Wardens
- Fire Evacuation
- Manual Handling
- Control of Hazardous Substances
- Control of Contractors
- Working at Heights
- Asbestos Awareness
- Legionella Awareness
- Infection Control
- Personal Safety
- Food Safety
- Display Screen Equipment Assessment
The training is conducted at your premises and includes the provision of all relevant materials, handout notes and Certificates of Attendance.
We also offer on-line training solutions which can deliver quality training to staff at a time, place and pace that suits them. We offer a wide range of courses. Our on-line systems include assessment and certification on satisfactory completion and maintain all employee records in a safe and secure environment.